Recycle Swap Shop initiative
Members of the Transition Town Hastings Team have accomplished another of their goals by bringing the Swap Shop initiative here to the town. A brilliant idea where we can pass on the things we no longer want to other people who see our discarded items as discovered treasure – and we can search for things we do need/want.
Here’s Transition Town’s description of how it works and details of when and where:
Recycle Swap Shop: How it works
· You can bring items to the hall and leave them there for others to take away.
· You can look for items you’d like to take away.
· You are welcome to only bring stuff – or only take stuff.
· Leftovers will be disposed of through Freegle, charity shops or recycling.
· No charge for the event, athough donations are welcome!
· Please bring things early – and certainly before 11am
What you can bring
· All items MUST be 100% free and from domestic (not commercial) sources
· If you have bulky items, like large furniture, then please don’t bring these to the Swap Shop. Instead, a notice board will be provided for you to leave a description of your item, along with a contact email address or phone number.
· Don’t bring anything illegal or dangerous (e.g. sharp knives, weapons, etc.)
· No pets or livestock
· No rubbish. Please don’t bring anything that really is no good to anyone
· No mains electrical items
Also in: Home Ground« Open space under new threat in West St Leonards
Much to debate at SEG’s AGM »